If you’ve recently had a catheter fitted, you’ll be provided with a continued supply of products (such as your leg bags, night bags and fixation accessories). Sometimes, if you’ve been discharged from hospital with a catheter, you may be sent home with a ‘hospital to home’ pack. This is a 7-day supply of products to tide you over when you’re back at home, until a more regular supply is organised. It may be that you’re using certain products because this is what’s been provided by your community nurse.
Can I choose which products I use?
Absolutely! You won’t know if alternative products are better until you’ve tried them. You can find out about the different catheter drainage and fixation accessories available by:
- Looking at manufacturer websites
- Looking at other websites which provide advice on catheter products (Continence Product Advisor is a good place to start)
- Speaking with your district nurse or local continence team
- Watching videos of different products on YouTube. Check out our short videos of the products in the Ugo Urology range here.
- Reading online forums (we wouldn’t recommend following any health advice given on these platforms, but it’s a good way to read catheter product-related feedback from other people who have used them)
- Browsing Shop Optimum. You can conveniently purchase your products directly through us (if this is your preference)
Give different products a try
To make this even easier, we provide our popular Ugo Fix Gentle and Ugo Catheter Valve in singles to purchase through Shop Optimum. So there’s no need to commit to buying a larger box (unless you want to of course). By ordering one and giving it a go first, you can see if these products are right for you.
An extra bonus of using the products in the Ugo Urology range is that each box of product features a helpful, pocket-sized user guide. Many people find this particularly reassuring, particularly when their catheter is new and they’re still getting used to how everything works together. It can take a while to get the hang of it, but don’t worry – you’ll get there!
If you need any extra support in the meantime, that’s what we’re here for. Feel free to give us a call on 0113 263 3849 or email email@example.com.