Catheter fixation – it’s important!
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again – catheter fixation and supporting your leg bag is so important! When your catheter and leg bag are left unsupported, it increases your risk of causing urethral trauma and associated infection. This risk is greatly reduced when your catheter is properly secured.
We like to have choice in all other areas of our lives, so why not catheter fixation as well? Shop Optimum provides a range of fixation devices so you can choose whichever product fits best with you and your lifestyle.
5 reasons to use a catheter leg bag sleeve
The Ugo Fix Sleeve (leg bag holder) is one of our most popular products. Here are 5 benefits of using our catheter leg bag holder…
1) The Ugo Fix Sleeve can be used to support leg bags attached to urethral catheters. Not only that, it can also be used to support leg bags attached to suprapubic catheters and sheath systems.
2) It’s so soft! It also features external seams to reduce any irritation.
3) There’s no need to disconnect the leg bag from the catheter when inserting the bag into the Ugo Fix Sleeve. To minimise the risk of infection, the only time the leg bag should be disconnected from the catheter is when it’s being changed every 7 days.
4) Shhhhhh! Our catheter leg bag sleeve reduces noise on movement. The supportive elastic within the fabric holds the bag close to the leg as it’s filling with urine, limiting any noise on movement.
5) We include a few extras! Each box of Ugo Fix Sleeve comes with a useful laundry bag to support the daily wash and wear cycle. We also include a helpful user guide, which can be a handy source of advice between nurse visits.
To find out more about our catheter leg bag holder, visit the Ugo Fix Sleeve page on our website.